Insurance for Graduates 2016 - 2017
Specific claims information can be obtained by calling UCR's Student Health Services: 951-827-5683.
You can visit studentinsurance.wellsfargo.com (the carrier) to view brochures and obtain more information.
If you are a graduate student and would like further information regarding your graduate student health insurance, please visit the Graduate Student Association and Graduate Student Health Insurance (GSHIP) for Graduate student resources.
The University of California Board of Regents has established a requirement that all graduate students have major medical health insurance as a non-academic condition of enrollment. UCR offers a Graduate Student Health Insurance Plan (GSHIP) to meet this requirement or it may be met by a comparable private health insurance plan.
The annual cost of the mandatory Graduate Student Health Insurance Plan (GSHIP) of $3,411.90. ($1,137.30 per quarter) or comparable insurance, will be factored into grants and loans offered to students who receive financial assistance.
Students already covered by adequate health insurance can waive the requirement by submitting the waiver form to the Student Health Services.
Note: Access to SHIP benefits off-campus requires a SHS referral except in cases of emergency care or outside of a 50 mile radius from campus.
Description of Benefits
- No Lifetime Maximum (Off Campus benefits payable at 90%)
- $200 annual deductible
- $3000 out of pocket maximum
- No Pre-existing Condition Clause
- Hospital coverage and Outpatient Surgery
- Office Visits coverage (no co-pay on-campus and $15 co-pay for off-campus specialty providers with additional PPO provider expenses covered at 90% off-campus)
- No prescription benefit maximum (30-day supply per prescription). $5 co-pay on-campus and off-campus for generic prescriptions
- Surgery coverage, including anesthetist and assistant surgeon (PPO provider 90%)
- Emergency room coverage (i.e., PPO provider covered at 90%)
- Ambulance coverage ground and air transport
- Laboratory coverage (no co-pay on-campus, i.e., PPO provider covered at 90%)
- Radiology coverage (no co-pay on-campus, i.e., PPO provider covered at 90%)
- Physical therapy co-pay of $15.
- Nervous and Mental Conditions Office Visits $15 co-pay (90% coverage PPO provider)
- Repatriation benefit of $25,000 in accordance with federal J-1 visa requirements
- Medical evacuation benefit of $50,000 in accordance with federal J-1 visa requirements
- Benefits payable at 90% at Anthem Blue Cross Network Facilities; In-network, payable at 90%; Out-of-network payable at 60%. Network: Anthem Blue Cross.
- Dental coverage through Delta Dental.
- Vision coverage provided by Blue View Vision
NOTE: For answers to questions about enrollment, policy benefits, and claims - stop by or call (951) 827-5683. Brochures are also available at SHS. To access your plan coverage and insurance cards, click here.