University of California, RiversideUCR


In addition to providing primary care and treating UCR students for injuries, UCR Student Health Services offers the following clinics and services:


Dental Clinic

Routine dental care is provided by appointment:

  • Dental exams and teeth cleaning
  • Restorative tooth maintenance with tooth colored and amalgam filings
  • Referrals for crowns and specialists

Is this your first appointment with the UCR Dental Clinic?

  1. If you have had dental X-rays recently, please bring them with you to your first visit with us. If your X-rays are outdated or not available, we can take new ones. We follow the American Dental Association guidelines on X-rays, taking a full set of X-rays at the initial visit, and bite wing checkup x-rays every six to eighteen months.
  2. Please take a minute to fill out the confidential patient medical history form, print it and bring it with you to your appointment.

To make an appointment: Call the Dental Clinic directly at (951) 827-3039.
In case of emergency click here.


The Student Health Services offers a full-service laboratory, which performs many tests in-house.  Any tests we are unable to perform are sent to an outside reference laboratory. The reference lab picks up from Student Health daily and turn-around time for results is excellent. The lab is state-licensed, CLIA certified, and COLA accredited, and is staffed by experienced, licensed clinical lab scientists.

Laboratory hours are Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:00pm, except Thurs 9:00am-4:00pm.

Lab requests are honored from physicians here at Student Health, and from outside providers. Personal requests for some screening tests may be made through our treatment nurse.

Students covered by the UCR Student Health Insurance Plan (USHIP or GSHIP) do not pay lab fees if testing is requested as a result of illness or injury. Private paying students who do not have USHIP or GSHIP are responsible for any lab fees incurred.


Vision Care


For the 2016-17 academic year, both undergraduate and graduate students participating in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) will be eligible for coverage under the Blue View Vision Insight network. Blue View Vision provides excellent  benefits from a wide range of Blue View Vision providers. Information regarding the Blue View Vision plan is available online at www.ucop.edu/ucship



  • Full service pharmacy
  • Includes prescription and over-the-counter medications
  • Prescriptions are filled on site.
  • Students, staff and faculty can purchase over-the-counter medications for a nominal fee
  • We also can special order prescriptions

You may refill your Student Health Services prescription at the Pharmacy of your choice. (However, if you have University Student Health Insurance, your co-pay may be different.) Check your Policy Brochure.

For refills of a prescription written at Student Health Services Click here for online submission or call (951) 827-3926. You may need to allow 24 hours for pick up.

Please be prepared to give:

  • Your Rx # (this is the prescription number on the upper left corner of the label)
  • Your student I.D. # and date of birth, and full name
  • Name of medication
  • Your telephone number
Travel Clinic

UCR Student Health offers nurse travel consultations for students traveling abroad. The nurses will review recommended vaccinations, safe food and drinking practices, and how to access healthcare where you will be traveling.

After scheduling your visit you must complete the following in preparation for your visit:

  • the online questionnaire found in the patient portal in the appointments section. Use your NetID to log into the patient portal. Prior to submitting the online form, please make a copy for your travel records.
  • the student immunization form found in the patient portal under the forms link. You will need your childhood immunization records to complete this form. You may be able to get your immunization record from your parents, high school or pediatrician/medical provider. 
  • upload a copy of your immunization record where indicated in the immunization form. 
  • EAP students MUST upload a copy of your certificate of completion of the Online travel Course with your immunization record in the immunization form. This course is highly recommedned for all. 

Please note that appointments will be rescheduled and a late cancellation fee will apply if you do not complete the requirements prior to your visit. 

Vaccinations prices will vary based on the cost of purchasing the vaccine.  

The following immunizations are offered.  Please make sure to schedule an appointment. It’s important to get your travel consultation early, as some vaccines require multiple shots, delivered over a period of 60+ days.

Hepatitis A (a series of two shots)


Hepatitis B (a series of three shots)


TwinRx (combination of Hepatitis A & B
a series of three shots)

Yellow Fever





Prescriptions for Malaria preventatives



Reciprocity Services

The Student Health Center at each University of California campus gladly offers reciprocal access to its SHC services to currently registered students from all other UC campuses under the same conditions that apply to its own students who are not enrolled in its campus Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). Students enrolled in their home campus SHIP may receive special discounts, benefits or services at their home campus Student Health Center. These special, campus-funded arrangements will not apply at another UC campus.

For UC students from other campuses using the UC Riverside Student Health Services:

  • Eligibility: Bring your student ID and arrive 20 minutes early for your appointment to allow time for verification of your status as a currently registered student at your home UC campus.
  • Fees: Students from other UC campuses will be charged the same fees that are charged to UC, Riverside students who do not have one of the UCR Student Health Insurance Plans (USHIP or GSHIP). This will include a visit fee and fees for any lab work, x-rays or procedures. Payment is due at the time of service. Cash, check and credit cards are accepted. UCR Student Health Services does not bill insurance. A detailed invoice will be provided to you, so that you may file a claim for reimbursement with your insurance company.

For Riverside students using the student health services of another UC campus:

  • The scope of student health services and fee structures vary from campus to campus. Check the website of the campus you are visiting for specifics.
  • If you have a UCR Student Health Insurance Plan, you may submit your bill to your SHIP plan for reimbursement. For help with this process, pleasecontact the Student Health Insurance Office at (951) 827-5683 or by email at health@ucr.edu.
  • If you have private health insurance, consult your plan for reimbursement information.
  • For questions and further information, please contact the Student Health Insurance Office at (951) 827-5683 or by email at health@ucr.edu.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Department Information

Student Health Services
Veitch Student Center

Tel: 951-827-3031
Fax: 951-827-3133
E-mail: health@ucr.edu