Please click on the button below to share feedback regarding SHS Dental Clinic changes.
Student Health Services' Dental Care is here to provide patient-oriented, quality oral health care and education for UCR students. We strive to deliver this care with both understanding and compassion. Our goal is to provide treatment in a cost-conscious setting at the highest level of quality. Our staff includes board-certified dentists, hygienists, and registered dental assistants. We look forward to serving your dental needs!
COVID-19 Dental Clinic Announcement
Based on the most recent guidelines provided by the California Department of Public Health on May 7, 2020, the Student Health Services dental clinic has resumed routine preventative and diagnostic services such as exams, X-rays, teeth cleanings, fillings, and crowns, in addition to urgent and emergency dental procedures. The health and well-being of our patients, staff, and community is our top priority. Our clinic is following the infection control recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and has implemented the following changes in light of the current environment with COVID-19 to ensure safe practices:
Dental Clinic COVID-19 Safe Practices
- Patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms when making an appointment over the phone and again when they arrive for their appointment.
- Patients will have their temperature checked prior to entering the building.
- Patients will be asked to wear a face covering to enter the building.
- Patients will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer as soon as they enter the building.
- Patients will be asked to rinse with antibacterial mouthwash prior to any treatment.
- HEPA air purifiers have been placed in all treatment rooms.
- Rubber dam isolation will be used whenever possible with both high- and low-speed vacuum suction for added patient protection.
- Limiting aerosol-generating equipment whenever possible.
- Use of external-suction unit for hygiene appointments.
- Appointments are scheduled to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- Chairs in the waiting room are spaced 6 feet apart, and magazines and pamphlets have been removed.
- Patients are not allowed to bring visitors into the clinic unless they are parents or guardians of patients who are minors or have special needs.
- Tele-health phone consultations are still available for patients who want to limit the need to physically be on the premise or who are located out of town.
If you wish to make an appointment or have any questions, please contact the SHS dental clinic at (951) 827-3039. We are not taking walk-in appointments or in-person inquiries until further notice.
For students currently located off campus who require urgent dental care and/or have a dental emergency, we are available for phone consultations via tele-dentistry during our normal business hours or you can find a local dentist provider in your network by visiting the Delta Dental website or calling (888) 335-8227.
The safety and well-being of our students continues to be our primary concern. We will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 nationally, and locally, to keep up to date with the most current guidelines and recommendations within our dental community. We will continue to update this website accordingly.
To schedule an appointment, please call the dental clinic directly at (951) 827-3039.
If you have had dental X-rays taken recently, please provide a hard copy before your first appointment. If you are not able to obtain your X-rays or they are of non-diagnostic quality, we may need to take a new set. We follow the ADA guidelines on X-rays, taking a full set of X-rays at the initial visit, and bite wings (check-up X-rays) every year or as necessary.
Dental Services Provided
- X-rays and examinations
- Teledentistry phone consultations
- Teeth cleanings
- Fillings (resin or tooth colored fillings)
- Crown and bridge
- Implant crown
- Removable partial
- Teeth Whitening
- Orthodontics (braces)
- Endodontics (root canal)
- Oral surgery (extractions)
- Periodontics (gum treatment)
Make An Appointment
To make an appointment, call the dental clinic directly at (951) 827-3039.
The Dental Clinic is part of Student Health Services located in the Veitch Building.
Student Health Services
900 University Ave. MC89
Riverside, CA 92521-0308
Dental Clinic Hours
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 8 a.m.–12 p.m. and 1–4:30 p.m.
Thursdays: 9 a.m.–12 p.m. and 1–4:30 p.m.
We are closed for lunch from 12–1 p.m.
We are closed on weekends and UCR holidays.
Emergency/Urgent Care in P.C.
When you're in need of after-hours care, you may be tempted to rush to the emergency room (ER). Learn more about the difference between emergency care and urgent care.