Highlander Care for Basic Medical Services
Now that you have successfully waived out of the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) you can enroll or cancel Highlander Care at the beginning of any quarter, by sending an email to email@example.com. An email confirming your request will be sent to you.
UC Riverside now offers students that have opted out of the Student Health Insurance Plan an alternative for receiving urgent services at Student Health Services.
All other services at Student Health are offered at the standard student price.
For $88 per quarter Highlander Care offers the following basic care at no charge to the student:
- Two Primary care office visits with physicians, nurse practitioners, and nurses per quarter.
- Nurse Triage visits
- In-House Labs:
UA Dip with reflex
CBC and manual diff
Sed Rate (ESR)
Rapid Strep lab test
Influenza A & B lab test
Vaginal Wet Prep
GC/CHL cultures only; fee for urine PCR (QUEST)
Urine Culture M-TH
Fecal Occult Blood
Chem Panel *when required for urgent care of acutely ill patient
Nebulizer with meds
Flourescein Eye Exam
X-Ray: All images covered; student pays $14 radiology consult fee
Highlander Care Does NOT include:
- Preventative health visits/annuals (these are part of covered benefit for any ACA plan)
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Medications injected during the course of care at SHS (Rocephin, intralesional steroids, etc)
- IUD or Depoprovera Insertion (covered by ACA plans)
- Visits with a specialist (gyn, psychiatry)
- Travel visits by nurses or providers
- Labs sent to quest and the handling fee for labs sent to Quest
- X-Ray interpretation