LiveHealth Online (LHO) is a virtual service that allows you to video-chat with board-certified medical/mental health professionals about your health/mental health needs and receive prescriptions.
- All you need is a smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer with a camera and internet access.
- LHO is covered by UCSHIP but is also available to students who have waived UCSHIP.
- It is a great alternative to the traditional in-office appointment when you’re away from campus, too busy for long waits, unable to access to Student Health Services (SHS) or Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) due to holidays/campus closures or prefer the convenience of an online visit.
Non-UCSHIP Enrolled Students:
- Students who have waived UCSHIP will pay for sessions based on the indicated insurance they have. If your insurance carrier includes LHO as a benefit, you will be charged for the co-pay in your plan. Students may be able to submit their receipts for services to their insurance companies for partial or full reimbursement (you will need to speak to your insurance company to determine if they will cover any or all of these visits). Otherwise, anyone can pay for the services, regardless of insurance. Current costs are $80 per social worker session, $95 per psychologist session, $175 for the initial psychiatrist’s evaluation, and $75 for follow-up psychiatrist care.
- CAPS is not responsible for any changes in costs. Be sure to consult LHO for updated pricing.
Connect with LiveHealth Online (LHO)
Video-chat with board-certified medical professionals about things like the flu, common colds, and more.
Available 24/7 and 365 days a year — even during holidays and campus closures.
Cost per medical visit:
- $25 for all (undergraduate and graduate) students with UCSHIP. (Indicate your UCSHIP/Anthem enrollment when registering for an account.)
- $49 for students who have waived UCSHIP.
- UCR has no co-pay for behavioral health visits through LiveHealth Online.
Schedule convenient online therapy appointments and psychiatric consultations. Enjoy these features:
- Video visits with in-network licensed psychologists, therapists, and board-certified psychiatrists.
- Continuity of care between online visit practices allow doctors and therapists to refer members if additional support is needed.
- Similar to the cost of an in-office therapy session.
- Access (24/7) to self-scheduled appointments.
- Private, easy-to-access and convenient.
- Available in all 50 states.
- Access via smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer.
How to Access LiveHealth Online (LHO)
Visit livehealthonline.com or download the mobile app through Google Play or the App Store.
- Register using your UCSHIP Anthem ID number. (If you waived UCSHIP, sign up without an insurance plan.)
- Select Yes for the question, "Do you have health insurance?".
- From the Health Plan drop-down menu, select Anthem Blue Cross (CA).
- Enter your subscriber ID. (Your subscriber ID is found on your UCSHIP insurance card. You can access this using the StudentHealth mobile app. Your subscriber ID will begin with the characters, XDP.)
- Select Yes for the question, "Are you the primary subscriber?".
- Select Finish and you will be directed to the page for accessing LHO sessions.
- Access a visit online.
A credit card is required to schedule all appointments. If you are enrolled in UCSHIP, you will be charged for the co-pay only. There is zero co-pay for behavioral health appointments and your card will not be charged.