Student Health Services provides UCR students with women's health care services provided by caring and gentle female providers. All care is confidential and provided at no cost to UCSHIP participants.
- Gynecological exams, including annual well woman's exam, Pap smear screening, and STD testing.
- Evaluation for gynecologic concerns such as irregular menstrual cycles, pelvic or urinary tract issues, and breast concerns.
- Student Health Services now offers Family planning and Abortion care.
Family Planning and Abortion Care
- Call (951) 827-3031 and ask for Family Planning and Abortion Care Service.
- Patient will have an appointment with the on-campus nurse at Student Health Services.
- Student Health Services sends a referral to FPA Women's health Telehealth team.
- Medications will be mailed directly to the patient for secure delivery.
- Virtual follow ups are scheduled after one week and two weeks to ensure the effectiveness of the procedure.
- Birth control counseling and all types of birth control options are available, including oral contraceptive pills/patch/ring, IUD's, Nexplanon, Depo Provera, and barrier methods with no co-pay.
- Emergency contraception is also available at no charge.
- The American College of Gynecologist guidelines recommend your first Pap smear at age 21.
- Frequency then depends on your age and results of most recent test.
- This test is for the detection of abnormal cervical cells that could lead to cervical cancer.
- Please call us if you have questions or wish to schedule a visit.
Prepare for Your Visit
If this is your first time getting a well woman's exam, these resources will answer some of the questions you may have about the exam and what to expect during your visit. If you have additional questions, please contact your SHS provider via the patient portal.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday:
8:30 a.m.–12 p.m. and 1–4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m.–12 p.m. and 1–4:30 p.m.
Closed for lunch daily 12–1 p.m.