Eligibility & Fees
Who is eligible for services at the Student Health Services (SHS)?
Current registered students with USHIP and GSHIP:
- Students with USHIP or GSHIP will not be charged for a visit to SHS for injury or illness. The office visit fee, lab fees, X-rays, and procedure fees will be paid 100% by UCSHIP. There is a prescription co-pay ranging from $5–25, depending on the medication, for any medications filled at the SHS pharmacy.
- There may be fees for any services that are not a result of an injury or illness. For example, laboratory tests that are not medically indicated, but are requested by the patient.
- Current registered UC students from other campus are covered with their UCSHIP insurance.
Currently registered students not enrolled in UCSHIP:
- Students who do not have UCSHIP will be charged for visits, lab fees, X-rays, and procedures just as they would at any doctor’s office.
- SHS does not accept or bill private insurance companies, but we do provide patients with a clear invoice that they may submit to their insurer for reimbursement.
Currently registered ESL students:
- ESL students with the ESL health insurance plan will pay their share of their fees at the time of the visit. The remainder will be billed directly to the UCR ESL insurance plan.
For more information on eligibility and fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to privacy concerns, this email cannot be used to correspond with a doctor or nurse. Please direct any health-related questions and concerns to (951) 827-3031.
Methods of Payment
Student Health Services (SHS) accepts payment via
- posting charges to the student's R'Web account
- credit card (MasterCard and Visa)